Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dixie + Peanut = BFF

Friday night, in a drunken haze, I had an epiphany. Jana and I have been best friends for about 8 years. Her dog, Peanut, is adorable and Dixie is obviously the coolest dog ever. Yet, they have never met. How could this be? I immediately text messaged Jana and set up a play date. Dixie and I stopped by Huntington today on our way home from Elkview.

At first Peanut was not very friendly. She growled, barked and snapped. Dixie, on the other hand, was as cool as a cucumber. She looked at me like she was thinking, "What the hell is wrong with this dog, Mom?" We took the dogs outside and Peanut began to mellow out. Before we knew it, they were playing like old friends. I think they love eachother.

5 Comments:

At 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog, Amber!!
It must be easier with dogs, cause I have been trying to get Indie and Norma Jean to love each other, but no dice. I guess it doesn't help that Jean is a grumpy old lady.
Megan D

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Jana said...

A little piece of Dixie went to work with me this morning. I didn't realize her hair was all over my black pea coat until I got to work. Thank God for lint rollers! Oh well, that's the price we pay. Dixie is welcome anytime.

 
At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman! Terra

 
At 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first I didn't want to be friends with Dixie, but I figured if our mothers can be such great friends, why can't we?
Love,
Peanut

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Ms. Thomas said...

Now if LJ were still around, I'll bet there'd have been no territorial outbursts between Dixie and Peanut... LJ, the great soother
WELCOME TO BLOG TOWN! YOU'RE A NATURAL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home