Monday, February 27, 2006

Wildcats vs Mountaineers

This weekend I watched as WVU beat U of L and UK narrowly lost to LSU. It became apparent that WVU has a good chance of going far in the Tourney, while UK will be lucky to receive a bid. As I watched, a question came to mind. I have connections to both of these schools and am a fan of both of these teams, but where do my real devotions lie? Lets examine this further.

The Coaches



Tubby Smith:
Best Black Coach in America. Need I say more?












John Beilein:
I don't know a lot about this guy, but he has taken a less than mediocre program and created a force to be reckoned with.





Cats: 1 'Eers: 0

The Mascots




Awww, he's so cute and furry.













He has a gun.






Cats: 1 'Eers: 1

The Country Boys

I have always had quite an affection for good ole country boys. Lets take a look at two of my favorite.



Patrick Sparks, or "Sparky" as I like to call him, has become known for his 3-point shot. I love when Sparky shoots a 3, but I become more smitten when he talks. It is so cute when he is being interviewed and that Muhlenberg County accent comes rolling out of his mouth.






Kevin Pittsnogle, or "K. Pits" as I like to call him, can also shoot 3's with the best of them. K. Pits, unlike Sparky, is covered in tattoos, which adds to his white trash appeal. I've always been a sucker for tattooed rednecks (hence my obsession with Britney and K.Fed).



Cats: 1 'Eers: 2

The History



7 National Championships. Adolph Rupp. Rupp Arena. Most Victories All Time. 25 SEC Tournament Championships.









Jerry West. That's all I can think of.







Cats: 2 'Eers: 2

What is the conclusion?
WVU is a great team. I will continue to watch them and root for them to win big in March.
However, I am and always will be a Cat fan.
I live in Lexington. I am UK alumni. I have a freakin blue paw print tattooed on my body!
I Bleed Blue. Was there ever any doubt?

8 Comments:

At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit the freakin blue paw print tatooed to our bodies makes us Wildcats for life!!! I am very impressed with the effort and thought that has been presented in your comparrison....you have way to much free time on your hands!

 
At 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

since I don't have a blogger accound I am anonymous...I will give you a small hint to my identity..hint #1 I too have a freakin blue paw print tatooed to my body in a very similar location as yours...hint #2 my name is not Savannah...

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Jana said...

Suzanner! You will soon be sucked into this blog world and you will have an account. It's actually a lot of fun!

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are very addictive...everyone I know has one and I check theirs everyday...I am just too damn lazy..

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Amber Moles said...

Ok, I know I look like a total dork for making such a detailed blog entry. In my defense, I was sick yesterday so I didn't go to work....and yes, I do have too much time on my hands. It's nice to hear from you Suzanne, my tattoo sister! :o)

 
At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well tattoo sister..I am working up the effort to create my own blog...you have given me the motivation to be creative it must be the power of the freakin blue tattoo...

 
At 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... you are really a dork Amber Moles...if I only I didn't work beside you :) stupid blogs:)

 
At 12:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this blog was awesome! I love UK too, but WVU remains close to my heart. Even my Grandad-die hard football fan from WV is watching WVU basketball. I NEVER thought that would happen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home