Friday, April 25, 2008

Chillin with My Gnomies

Jana's blog entry "Why I Love Pork Chop" has made me want to tell the story of my lost gnomie. As she explains, we got really into gnomes during the Christmas of 2006. We bought these shirts that said "Chillin with my gnomies" and became obsessed. For my birthday that year Pork Chop got me this really cool UK gnomie.

I really loved the gnomie and I sat it right by my tv so I could always look at it. (This was when I lived alone in my old house.) Jump to October 2007.....It was the weekend of Jana's birthday and Brett S. came to town. Jana, PC, Brett and myself went out in downtown Charleston. We all stayed at my house, where Mark was coming when he got off work. Apparently, PC mentioned to me that the gnomie was gone. I was wasted and replied, "It's ok, he's just hiding!" I don't remember the conversation.


A few days later I noticed that the gnomie was missing. There were only three explanations. 1) There was a man doing some painting at my house at the time. Maybe he took it? Was he a UK fan? Doesn't seem likely. 2)Brett took it. He's a UK fan and is always f'in with me anyways. Maybe. 3.) Jana! It's soooo something she would do. Maybe PC was just her puppet and she told him to bring it to my attention? She is always f'in with me too. She hides things of mine all the time. I think this is the answer.

There was a story circulating around the internet a few months ago about a gnome in Argentina that walked sideways and threw rocks at people. This is what Jana claims happened to my gnomie. It's a funny video, but it's not my gnomie. I don't think he's wearing UK gear.

Really, the UK Gnomie Mystery is still unsolved. If anyone has any information about his whereabouts please let me know.


4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think that Brett took it. It is just too coincidental that it was missing after he was in town for the weekend.

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger B$ said...

Ouch! First Amber mentions me in the blog, only to accuse me of tomfoolery or petty theft and then the the first S joins in. I think there was a real world conversation behind all this finger pointing.

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger Jana said...

I know I look like the guilty party and I would probably blame myself if I were you. I have hid your boots and worn your tennis shoes instead of mine, but I swear on all things that I do not know where your gnomie is. I really wish I would have thought about it a long time ago because I could have really messed with you. Unfortunatley, I do not have the gnome nor do I know where he is. I would probably put money on Brett having something to do with it. Sorry, Brett, but I think you have it somewhere and you need to come clean.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAVANNAH!

 
At 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love gnomes too. Have you seen the movie Amelie? You gotta see it.
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home