Thursday, March 16, 2006

Drinkin and Skatin

The last couple of days have been quite interesting. To start off, yesterday I met Brett after work for a few drinks. Well, a few drinks turned into 5 hours and needless to say I felt like crap today at work. I know Phil and Jana have both talked about this in their blogs, but I can not believe how painful hangovers have become. Just a few years ago, going out on weeknights was a normal way of life. Now, well, I must be getting old.

I might not have been up to par today, but that didn't stop me from going roller skating tonight. Yep, that's right, I had a lovely evening at the Richmond Skate Center. Melissa (a friend from work) takes her kids there. Tonight Bonnie (another friend from work), Adam (Bonnie's friend), Rodney (Melissa's brother), and I joined in on the fun.

I make a stupid face as Rodney holds on for dear life.

Bonnie and Adam try to pose as professionals. This is the best they could come up with.

HELP!

Couple Skate

Skating, as well as drinking on weeknights, has become more difficult with age. It has been many years since I put on a pair of skates and I don't remember it being so hard. In the beginning I was very slow and hesitant, but it didn't take long for me to catch my stride. Unfortunately, I became overly confident and busted my ass one time as I tried to dance and skate at the same time. Although I'm pretty sure my bum is completely bruised, I think roller skating could be a great part-time hobby.

6 Comments:

At 7:40 AM , Blogger Jana said...

That looks like so much fun! I've wanted to go skating for a long time!

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am gung-ho about skating! I can't ever get anyone to go with me. Yeah! Let's go! Tell me when
MD

 
At 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you all take Jonah? He's been begging me to take him skating, and I'm not skating in my pg sate. Maybe if you all go, David would too.

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Ms. Thomas said...

I'm totally up for skating. Haven't done it since my 23rd birthday we had at Champs... wow, that's been a few years. Besides, if I'm ever to realize my dream of being a Rollergirl, I need to start fine tuning my skills. Can I go too?? Please...

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Amber Moles said...

A group Skate night sounds awesome. I think we should stick with Champs though, the Richmond Skate Center is kinda small and ghetto.

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Philip Deskins said...

At Champs, the rink is adorned with the old Rupp Arena Floor, its pretty cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home