Friday, February 23, 2007

Oops...She did it again

For those who don't know, I have been a Britney Spears fan for quite sometime. She is my guilty pleasure. I think she is one of the most interesting celebrities ever! Don't get me wrong, I know her music is shallow and overproduced and I am completely aware of all of the mistakes she has made. However, I still really like her. I will always want to dance when I hear "I'm a slave for you" and I think that in her day she was one hot chick!


But poor, poor Britney has really hit rock bottom. I think she is a not-so-bright, country girl who is a victim of the "industry" and overexposure. I am sad for her. We have all had rough times, but she has to live all of her hard times under a microscope. Who are we to judge her? After a bad break-up I once cut my hair and dyed it brown (not a good look for me). I totally understand what it's like to deal with bad situations and be forced to make life-changing decisions. It can be very difficult and sometimes even shake your foundation. Who knows how any of us would handle life if we were in her shoes?


Unfortunately, Britney has turned to some sort of illegal substances to ease her pain. Given her resources, it's no surprise. I really feel sorry for Britney. I hope she sticks with rehab and once again becomes the Pop Star that we all (even if secretly) adore.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM , Blogger Jana said...

I am so glad that you didn't decide to shave your head after your break up! Now as for the drugs, are you sure you aren't on something?

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Ms. Thomas said...

I feel bad for Brit too, and I don't like anything about her. But it's a shame what we do to people with our curiosity. I just hope she rebounds from the break-up, post-partum, insecurity, whatever before she goes the Michael Jackson way. We love these people to a fate worse than death... artificial life.
I always cut my hair after a break up, something about it helps you redefine yourself. Maybe she just had a lot more to let go of. Not that I want to see her making love diaries with white trash ever again, but I do hope she gets better. And that we stop devouring her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home